Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 18, 2011

Chow---@ Chowking!

Breakfast @ Chowking

Sharing with each other
As part of our group class activity, we introduce our students to different kind of experience and culture and of course, food will always be a part of that different culture experience. Since Chinese immigrant have settled in the Philippines for quite some time, it is also a known fact that they have brought their culture here and it flourished over time. So, another aspect of Filipino culture is the fusing of two kinds of dishes from two different culture and create a whole new dish with a different taste. Thus, Filipino - Chinese fusion food became famous in our country. Since people are always on the run, it is quite difficult for them to sit down in a restaurant and wait for their order, so now we have a fast food franchise which offers Filipino - Chinese fusion food and many Filipinos could be seen ordering a 'to-go' for their brunch and dinner. Chowking is now one of the famous fast food chains in the country which caters to the needs of the Filipinos and of course other guests coming from different races. My favorite in Chowking is their Chaofan and their Siomai that's why whenever I get to eat there, I make sure that I have these two dishes together. I started to fall for their King's congee as well but I could never trade my bowl of Chaofan and a plate of Siomai to anything else. Even my Korean students somehow enjoyed having their meals there because aside from being affordable, there are a lot of meals to choose from. They can choose real food this time minus the hassle of waiting for hours and hours of their order and getting grumpy because you are running late and your stomach is rumbling of hunger already. My Korean students are very much delighted when I brought them there because they said that the taste of Halo-Halo is almost similar to their very own snack/dessert Phat Ping Su (팥빙수) much to their delight. Looking at their group while they are enjoying their meal makes me feel happy to be a person who comes from a diverse culture because I can experience various things from food, lifestyle and many other things. It seems like we are all united when it comes to food and because of this, we can all sit down calmly and discuss many things while sharing a table of delicious dishes. Dig in with gusto!
Digging in!
Mixing the Halo Halo

2 comments:

  1. wow teacher !! This is Jin ^^ u made this blog...??. It's very nice.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jin~~~ I made this blog to express my passion in cooking and of course to introduce the different food here in the Philippines as well as the food that I cook~~~ I hope you can follow my blog~~~ Thanks for the comment!!! ^^,

    ReplyDelete